10 things in tech you need to know today
Alex Wong/Getty Images
1. A top Foxconn exec talked about the iPhone 8 in a public speech. Sharp President Tai Jeng-Wu talked about future iPhones, saying that new devices will include OLED screen technology.
2. Amazon is making non-Prime members pay higher prices at its brick-and-mortar bookstores. The new pricing rules first rolled out in August across all three Amazon bookstores in Seattle, Portland, and San Diego.
3. Apple is testing a different screen technology that would make future MacBook Pros look even better. Apple is reportedly testing a different type of display called OLED.
4. Instagram wants you to start shopping in the app. It is testing a new feature that will allow you to shop for products direct from the app.
5. It sounds like Apple's wireless AirPods won't be available for Christmas. The review unit provided by Apple that Business Insider tried has some glitches.
6. Nintendo is quietly killing off its last console. Factory production of the Wii U will end on Friday.
7. We now know the name of the next "Tomb Raider" game because someone leaked it on a train. It's called "Shadow of the Tomb Raider".
8. Apple is trying to fast-track its €850 million (£767 million) Irish data centre. It has asked a court in Ireland to fast-track a legal challenge brought about by three individuals against Apple.
9. Google infuriated Microsoft by revealing a critical bug before it had time to patch it. Google gave the company just 10 days to fix it, rather than the usual 60.
10. YouTube finally ended a seven-year standoff over music videos in Germany. YouTube and German collection society GEMA have finally reached a licensing agreement.
More from this author
- Brexit bill passed by UK Parliament
- Mahindra just stopped selling its electric car in ...
- Indians are exporting cars from UK like never befo...
- UK scrambles fighter jets in response to nearby Ru...
- UK visa becomes expensive from today; new rules to...
- Online companies are the biggest spenders on TV ad...
- A fiery new petition says Donald Trump's UK visit ...