10 things in tech you need to know today
Ethan Miller/Getty Images
1. Marissa Mayer won't be the CEO of Yahoo's remaining business after the Verizon deal closes. The remaining business will be called Altaba.
2. Snapchat has started hiring people in Germany. The photo-sharing company is looking to set up an office in Berlin or Hamburg.
3. Security startup Okta has filed for its long-awaited IPO. The $1.2 billion company said that it plans to list shares on the Nasdaq exchange under the ticker "OKTA."
4. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said accusations Facebook likes "fake news" and wants that kind of content on its platform are "crap." His comments were made during a Q&A at North Carolina A&T State University.
5. Advisers could make up to $60 million in fees from Intel's acquisition of Mobileye . Goldman Sachs and Citigroup are among them.
6. Mark Zuckerberg defended Facebook board member and Trump adviser Peter Thiel during a Q&A with students. The Facebook CEO offered his defense of Thiel, a billionaire venture capitalist and early Facebook investor, in response to a question about how the company "maintains a free and safe environment for the expression of all thoughts and feelings."
7. The Nintendo Switch has reportedly been hacked already. A hacker posted an image showing a Nintendo Switch with a screen and the word "Done."
8. SpaceX abandoned a rocket launch in Florida due to high winds. A backup launch window opens at 1:35am on Thursday, SpaceX said.
9. An artist turned iTunes' 20,000-word terms and conditions into a satirical graphic novel. It stars Apple's late cofounder Steve Jobs.
10. Citrix is reportedly looking for a buyer again. The $13 billion tech titan is working with Goldman Sachs to negotiate a possible sale.
NOW WATCH: What happens when you eat too much protein
More from this author
- Shree Sai Spaces Creations and Wasankar Wealth man...
- What's 'hot' and what's 'not' for tech in 2017
- A new cookbook recreates every single meal Brad Pi...
- The Apple Store is down!
- More than 1 million people now pay for Tinder's pr...
- SBI cleans up its balance sheets by writing off lo...
- Thanks to her mom, 3-year-old London Scout is Inst...