11 Signs Someone Is Lying To You
Are you bad at spotting a lie?
New research by Dr. Leanne ten Brinke, a forensic psychologist at the Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley, and her collaborators, suggests that our instincts for judging liars are actually fairly strong - but our conscious minds sometimes fail us.
Luckily, there are signs we can look for when trying to detect a lie.
Dr. Lillian Glass, a behavioral analyst and body language expert who has worked with the FBI on unmasking signals of deception, says when trying to figure out if someone is lying, you first need to understand how the person normally acts. Then you'll want to pay careful attention to their facial expressions, body language, and speech patterns, she writes in her book "The Body Language of Liars."
HP Elite Lounge
More from this author
- 16 famous people who surprisingly started their ca...
- The 10 Best Careers Right Now For Recent College G...
- Business Insider is hiring a paid Careers intern. ...
- 9 ways women can take charge of their careers
- The 'On-Demand Economy' Is Reshaping Companies And...
- The 20 college majors that lead to the most satisf...
- The 20 College Majors That Lead To The Most Satisf...
George Clooney's Home Is Beyond Stunning
Taylor Swift's Outfits Leaves You To Your Imagination
This Article Will Change The Way You Buy Glasses Forever
Only 1 in 10 Americans Can Pass This U.s. History Quiz
Hey IT, Cut the Conferencing Chaos [Learn More]
15 Most Attractive Female Billionaires