11 Signs Someone Is Lying To You
Are you bad at spotting a lie?
New research by Dr. Leanne ten Brinke, a forensic psychologist at the Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley, and her collaborators, suggests that our instincts for judging liars are actually fairly strong - but our conscious minds sometimes fail us.
Luckily, there are signs we can look for when trying to detect a lie.
Dr. Lillian Glass, a behavioral analyst and body language expert who has worked with the FBI on unmasking signals of deception, says when trying to figure out if someone is lying, you first need to understand how the person normally acts. Then you'll want to pay careful attention to their facial expressions, body language, and speech patterns, she writes in her book "The Body Language of Liars."
Also on business Insider
Bollywood celebrity children who chose careers outside the movies
Having Rakesh Roshan as your father and Hrithik Roshan as your sibling can guarantee you some roles in Bollywood if you wish to, but for Sunaina Roshan, running her family’s production house Filmkraft was the priority.
- 16 famous people who surprisingly started their ca...
- The 10 Best Careers Right Now For Recent College G...
- 12 Actors Who Should Rejuvenate Their Careers With...
- How family-friendly policies can hurt women's care...
- This Is Where Lawyers' Careers Go To Die
- PLASTIC SURGEON: Men Want Cosmetic Surgery To Boos...
- 9 ways women can take charge of their careers