11 things people think are terrible for your diet that actually aren't
Truth be told, Red Bull (at least the sugar-free kind) isn't all that terrible for you. In fact, besides having only 10 calories and no sugar, it has only 80 milligrams of caffeine, or about a third the amount in a tall Starbucks drip coffee. As far as its other ingredients - namely B vitamins and taurine - go, scientific studies have found both to be safe .
But my favorite source of caffeine isn't the only harmless food or drink that gets a bad rap. Here are some of the rest, along with the real
More from this author
- 5 science facts 'Jurassic World' totally ignored
- 35 Science 'Facts' That Are Totally Wrong
- Science reveals when you peak at everything
- Our science editor explains why you should listen ...
- 9 Science-Backed Tips For Better Sleep
- 17 phenomenal science-inspired tattoos from Instag...
- The Science Is In - Why Gluten Sensitivity Is Prob...