20 Hurt At Pennsylvania High School After Stabbing Spree
Twenty students were injured. Four victims with serious injuries were flown by medical helicopter to area hospitals.
The students' injuries are not thought to be life-threatening, emergency management official Dan Stevens said at a press conference.
Victims range in age from 14 to 17 years old.
Police have a suspect in custody, but have not yet identified him or her. Stevens said the suspect is believed to be a male student. He reportedly stabbed students in first-floor classrooms and hallways at about 7 a.m. as students were arriving for school.
The school district posted this message on its website:
A critical incident has occurred at the high school. All elementary schools are canceled, the middle school and high school students are secure.
Students are being reunited with their families at another school, Stevens said.
HP Elite Lounge
More from this author
- For-Profit Education Stocks Are Getting Killed
- Four points about higher education in India
- Here's where Donald Trump stands on education
- Is Higher Education Becoming A Privilege For The E...
- Online Education: Young Guns Will Propel Market Ex...
- Google Invests In Education Startup Valued At $1 B...
- How to create world-class higher education centres...