20 Hurt At Pennsylvania High School After Stabbing Spree
Twenty students were injured. Four victims with serious injuries were flown by medical helicopter to area hospitals.
The students' injuries are not thought to be life-threatening, emergency management official Dan Stevens said at a press conference.
Victims range in age from 14 to 17 years old.
Police have a suspect in custody, but have not yet identified him or her. Stevens said the suspect is believed to be a male student. He reportedly stabbed students in first-floor classrooms and hallways at about 7 a.m. as students were arriving for school.
The school district posted this message on its website:
A critical incident has occurred at the high school. All elementary schools are canceled, the middle school and high school students are secure.
Students are being reunited with their families at another school, Stevens said.
HP Elite Lounge
More from this author
- For-Profit Education Stocks Are Getting Killed
- Four points about higher education in India
- Here's where Donald Trump stands on education
- Is Higher Education Becoming A Privilege For The E...
- Online Education: Young Guns Will Propel Market Ex...
- Beginning of a revolution in Education through Cou...
- How to create world-class higher education centres...
Taylor Swift's Outfits Leaves You To Your Imagination
This Article Will Change The Way You Buy Glasses Forever
Only 1 in 10 Americans Can Pass This U.s. History Quiz
15 Most Attractive Female Billionaires
No Time for the Gym? This In-Home Machine is All You Need
2 Dogs Found Crying In A Tar Pit.. (What Happems Next Will..