20 striking photos of daily life in Tibet
If Tibet is on your travel bucket list, you'll need to plan ahead.
Tibet Entry Permits are required to enter the country for non-Chinese citizens, and you'll probably want to get into shape, too - at an average altitude of around 4,500 meters (or 14,700 feet), you might suffer from altitude sickness.
However, the views of Mount Everest, the Potala Palace, and Namtso will make your efforts extremely worthwhile.
Ahead, 20 images of the rich culture you'll find across the Tibet Autonomous Region.
More from this author
- The Prime Minister’s travel diaries!
- Travel increasingly moving online: Ibibo
- Welcome to Business Insider's travel vertical!
- Paytm is introducing insurance for bus travel
- Top 5 emerging international travel destinations
- 10 travel destinations trending this summer
- Travel to Cuba is becoming incredibly inexpensive