21 Alarming Charts On Income Inequality That Everyone Should See
Unprecedented interest in income inequality has sent a complex book by economist Thomas Piketty to the top of the charts at Amazon.
" Capital in the Twenty-First Century " presents centuries of data on the accumulation and distribution of capital and chilling insights about the present and the future. Income inequality has been getting much worse for decades and this could just be the start .
If Piketty is right, then global politics could get antagonistic, unstable, and potentially dangerous .
Rising inequality could also hurt the economy , as Wall Street is starting to notice. As noted by Societe Generale strategist Albert Edwards , "you don't have to be a communist to conclude that high levels of inequality not only adversely affects long-term growth, but also increases the economy's vulnerability to recession."
We've gathered charts from Piketty and others that show the scale of the problem.
More from this author
- A former lawyer shares the choice that enabled him...
- A 29-year-old explains why he chose to take a $100...
- How a former actress earning less than $50,000 a y...
- Here's what it means to be offered stock options b...
- Here's the budget of a 29-year-old who finished pa...
- I spent 3 months creating the perfect engagement r...
3/4 bed luxury residences starting Rs. 7.2 Cr
The World Towers, Worli-Mumbai
Homes inspired by London's Westend in Bangalore
Reach your premium audience with Colombia
अफसरों की अधूरी तैयारी से पीएम मोदी हुए नाराज
Bollywood Playback Singers Who Gets Paid The Most
Help family recover from a horrific accident!