24 successful people who wake up really (really) early
research suggests there might be some truth to the old adage.
Waking up with (or before) the sun allows executives like AOL's Tim Armstrong and Pepsi's Indra Nooyi to get a head start on the day, knocking out tasks before the rest of the world has rolled out of bed.
Those "extra" hours also give them a chance to do some creative thinking, fit in a workout, and spend time with family.
Ahead, 24 early risers who may convince you never to hit snooze again.
Max Nisen and Aaron Taube contributed to earlier versions of this article.
View As: One Page Slides
General Motors CEO Mary Barra
AOL CEO Tim Armstrong
Xerox CEO Ursula Burns
GE CEO Jeff Immelt
PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi
Fiat Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne
PIMCO cofounder Bill Gross
Richard Branson, founder and chairman of the Virgin Group
Virgin America CEO David Cush
Square CEO Jack Dorsey
Hint Water founder and CEO Kara Goldin
Apple CEO Tim Cook
Disney CEO Bob Iger
Ellevate chair Sallie Krawcheck
Hain Celestial Group CEO Irwin Simon
Former PepsiCo CEO Steve Reinemund
FLOTUS Michelle Obama
Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz
Brooklyn Nets CEO Brett Yormark
Former Oxygen Channel CEO Gerry Laybourne
Saban Capital CEO Haim Saban
Starwood Hotels CEO Frits Van Paasschen
Former Cisco CTO Padmasree Warrior
'Project Runway' cohost and fashion consultant Tim Gunn
More from this author
- 16 famous people who surprisingly started their ca...
- Careers Australia collapses, leaving thousands of ...
- Kevin Durant and LeBron James have had remarkably ...
- How family-friendly policies can hurt women's care...
- The 'On-Demand Economy' Is Reshaping Companies And...
- Shree Sai Spaces Creations and Wasankar Wealth man...
- The 20 college majors that lead to the most satisf...