30 stunning photos from a remote Iceland resort where tourists can heli-ski and name their own runs
With so many tourists Instagramming their Icelandic hot-spring soaks, professional travel writer Trevor Morrow, who runs the blog "Trevor Morrow Travel: Dude-Approved Travel, Food, and Gear," knew he needed to experience a different kind of Iceland once he finally made the journey there.
"I've been seeing more and more friends posting incredible photos from Iceland these days," he told Business Insider. "They've all inspired me to go, but I really wanted to get off the well-trodden path, away from the usual points of interest, and find the idealized version of Iceland I've pictured in my head for years: remote, quiet, untouched, devastatingly beautiful, and all mine."
While searching for that kind of experience, Morrow found Eleven Experience's Deplar Farm. Located in Iceland's remote, northern Troll Peninsula, he decided it was the perfect place to experience a different kind of trip. The hotel invited him to stay, and Morrow shared his experience with Business Insider.
More from this author
- The Prime Minister’s travel diaries!
- Travel increasingly moving online: Ibibo
- Welcome to Business Insider's travel vertical!
- Paytm is introducing insurance for bus travel
- Top 5 emerging international travel destinations
- 10 travel destinations trending this summer
- Travel to Cuba is becoming incredibly inexpensive