35 Science 'Facts' That Are Totally Wrong
Hollywood, friends, and family have perpetuated these 35
Is there fire in space?
Does tequila really come with a hallucinogenic worm?
Can you overdose on Vitamin C?
The answers to these questions will surprise you.
For this list, we used Wikipedia's great list of "Common Misconceptions", this great video from Mental Floss, and our brains. You can find the source of our facts under the images.
Have some we missed? Send them along to Science (at) businessinsider.com .
Robert Ferris contributed to an earlier version of this post.
More from this author
- Business Insider is hiring a science reporter
- 14 science-backed ways to sleep better
- 15 places where computer science majors dream of w...
- How to take the perfect vacation, according to sci...
- Science says happier people have these 9 things in...
- 14 science-backed answers to your biggest question...
- 9 science-backed ways to appear more attractive