Boeing's newest airliner just flew for the first time
The first completed 737 Max 8 airliner rolled out of the assembly facility in Renton last month and was presented at a ceremony in front of several thousand Boeing employees.
The prototype took off for its inaugural flight with Boeing's flight operations vice president and chief test pilot, Craig Bomben, and Captain Ed Wilson at the controls.
Over the years, the 737 family has become the best-selling airliner in the history of commercial aviation, with more than 13,000 aircraft sold since 1965. It is arguably Boeing's bread-and-butter model.
"We think we have a terrific product here," Boeing 737 Max program general manager Keith Leverkuhn said following the flight. "We think it's going to be the preferred aircraft in the market."
Here's a closer the at the history of the Boeing 737 and the 4th generation Max.
More from this author
- Shree Sai Spaces Creations and Wasankar Wealth man...
- Finding solutions to India's transportation challe...
- 5 ways transportation will radically change by 2026
- This is the tangled future of tech and transportat...
- For Detroit, Silicon Valley transportation startup...
- Elon Musk's Wild Plan To Revolutionize Transportat...
- New York's transportation problems go far beyond L...
15 most beautiful women in the world
Bollywood actresses most Googled in 2016
Top 10 highest paying jobs in USA
Help family recover from a horrific accident!
10 Bollywood celebrities with Miss India title
13-yr-old Ashwini needs help to fight Cancer!