Connaught Place Slips One Notch, Becomes World’s 8th Most Expensive Office Location
BI India BureauJun 20, 2014, 01.26 PM
"At more than $150 per sq. ft. per annum, Delhi's traditional central business district (CBD) of Connaught Place was ranked as the eighth most expensive office market in the world," CBRE said.
Last year, Connaught Place was ranked seventh while BKC and Nariman Point were at 15th and 32nd positions, respectively.
"London's West End remained the world's highest priced office market, followed by Hong Kong (Central) and Beijing (Finance Street)," CBRE said.
CBRE South Asia chairman & MD Anshuman Magazine said, "This downward change in rankings in the CBD is due to a recovery in the global market. Locally, however, the demand levels remain stable and due to a lack of new supply, values remain high."
CBRE tracks occupancy costs for prime office space in 126 markets across the world. The survey provided data on the basis of office rents and occupancy costs as on 31 March, 2014. CBRE noted that Connaught Place remains highly sought after by corporate office occupiers because of its central location.
More from this author
- Delhi’s colonial heart, Connaught Place is 5th mo...
- Delhi’s Connaught Place is world’s 7th ...
- India will soon have its first ever co-living spac...
- Here are six reasons why employees love working at...
- PHOTOS: Inside Facebook's gorgeous new Mumbai offi...
- L&T forms new unit for smart cities, business to r...
- Here’s why Facebook’s Mumbai office was raided by ...
Highest paid Bollywood actresses in 2016
Help this father stay alive for 1-yr-old son!
Prelaunch Lodha Amara - Kolshet Thane 1,2&3 bhk @ Rs.58 lac+
Lodha Amara Thane
Own monthly rent generating property for as little as 10 lac
Highest paid Bollywood actors in 2016
Own monthly rent generating property for as little as ₹5L