EXCLUSIVE: Indian Harvard Professor Gita Gopinath says Americans are talking about Flipkart and Ola
Tanya DubeyOct 7, 2016, 11.21 PM
At a time when startups are mushrooming in India, a few desi companies have already gone far ahead in the race.
While speaking to
Gopinath is the third woman to have become a permanent professor at the prestigious
While reacting to the
ALSO READ: The 2016 festive sales- The winner so far
This woman of strength also called for increased
She concluded by saying - "The awareness has increased about the need to increase women participation in the workplace, but there are no amenities to assure that. Women need to feel safe when they go to work and this disparity is growing in urban and rural areas. Women need to be given the same opportunities in every sector, and there’s a long way to go."
Picture credits: World Economic Forum
More from this author
- A new Harvard study reveals Indian economy will st...
- Business Insider is hiring an entertainment intern
- Business Insider is Hiring an Account Manager
- Business Insider is hiring a sports reporter
- Business Insider is hiring a science reporter
- Business Insider is hiring a DevOps Engineer
- APPLY NOW: Business Insider is hiring a Politics R...