Experts are happy with focus on healthcare
HASAN BABARFeb 1, 2017, 06.20 PM
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley ’s Budget 2017 got some good news for the healthcare sector . The government has prepared an action plan for health, especially for poor. Jaitley announced the target was to eliminate tuberculosis by 2025. Under various proposals made during the Budget, 1.5 lakh health sub-centres will be transformed into health and wellness centres. Two new AIIMS hospitals were proposed, to be set up in Gujarat and Jharkhand .
Also, to increase the number of doctors in secondary and tertiary care, the government is making structural reforms in medical education and practice. Jaitley also stated that they will encourage several reputed hospitals across the country to start courses.
There were mixed reactions when it came to healthcare in budget but mostly people are happy. Here’s what experts have to say
More from this author
- Budget 2017: Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to focu...
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley makes biggest announ...
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will reassess GDP fo...
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley still wants Goods an...
- Raghuram Rajan was upset as PM Modi, Finance Minis...
- Arun Jaitley increases defence budget by 5.8%
- The Finance Minister ignored two vital areas in hi...
Save Mother of two young boys from Cancer!
Pre-Launch Lodha Palava Central Park 1,2&3 BHK @ 37 Lac+
Lodha Palava City
Reach your premium audience with Colombia
Without your help he wont survive cancer!
Want to post your ad? Switch to Colombia
Help save farmer from Terminal Liver Disease!