FIRST KIDS OF THE UNITED STATES: Where are they now?
First Lady Melania Trump announced the transition on Twitter , writing, "Looking forward to the memories we'll make in our new home #Movingday."
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue has been home to several "first kids," who are in the public eye almost as much as their parents. They dictate fashion trends , appear on their parents' behalf at embassies around the world, and sometimes host senior prom in the White House East Room.
But when the first family departs their famous address, the spotlight typically turns away from them. Here's what the first kids of the past are up to today.
Melissa Stanger contributed reporting to a previous version of this article.
More from this author
- World politics: Tainting love
- Here are the best stories in news, politics, and d...
- The pound is officially all about politics
- This is how you can nail politics at workplace
- APPLY NOW: Business Insider is hiring a Politics R...
- Rahul Gandhi 'snooping': BJP tells Congress to sto...
- Tony Blair has hinted at a dramatic return to poli...