Govt Changes CSR Spending Norms
BI India BureauSep 15, 2014, 07.30 PM
The government has made some changes in the norms meant for
According to the Act, companies are allowed to build CSR capacities for their own personnel through other institutions on the condition that such expenses do not surpass 5% of the total amount spent on social welfare activities in a financial year. The Corporate Affairs Ministry has said that 5% cap would include "expenditure on administrative overheads."
The changes have been made to the Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules, 2014, through a notification dated September 12.
As per the earlier norms, companies could build CSR capacities of their own personnel and their implementing agencies through institutions with a proven track record of at least three financial years. However, such expenditure should not exceed by 5 % of company's total CSR expenditure in a single financial year.
More from this author
- Narendra Modi-Led Government Plans To Penalise CSR...
- Toyota Motors India will blow $50 million on CSR
- Modi Asks PSU Banks To Work On A Single CSR Project
- Infosys Expands Its CSR Activities In The US
- India Inc spent more on CSR in 2016, exceeds the t...
- How is CSR Law driving the Corporates towards Shar...
- Indian companies are expanding their CSR initiativ...
Want to post your ad? Switch to Colombia
Bollywood actresses most Googled in 2016
13-yr-old Ashwini needs help to fight Cancer!
10 Ridiculously Weird Things You Can Buy Online
Increase your website visits through Colombia
7 bollywood celebrities with royal background