Here's The Chart Of The US Infrastructure Spending Collapse That Everyone Is Talking About
Well, there it is, the collapse in infrastructure spending that everyone is talking about. It's from BSA Research
The chart was first spotted by Cardiff Garcia at FT Alphaville.
Yves Smith at Naked Capitalism is also writing about it.
The key thing, as Yves notes, is that the chart includes state and local infrastructure spending, which explains why they were was such a furious collapse right after the bust, as state and local governments furiously slashed spending.
The tragedy of course is that with inflation non-existent and a huge surplus of excess labor, this would have made an incredibly good time to spend like crazy on infrastructure, fixing everything and putting people to work.
But there wasn't the political will at the Federal Government (which had the capability to do it), and we've wasted all these years.
HP Elite Lounge
More from this author
- The 11 countries with the best infrastructure arou...
- Budget 2015: Infrastructure bonds to stage a comeb...
- #Independence Day Spl: India's need for Infrastruc...
- 33 giant Chinese infrastructure projects that are ...
- Why America is wrong to obstruct China's Asian-inf...
- I Was A Victim Of America's Crumbling Infrastructu...
- Jammu & Kashmir gets Rs 3500 crore for road infras...
Taylor Swift's Outfits Leaves You To Your Imagination
This Article Will Change The Way You Buy Glasses Forever
Only 1 in 10 Americans Can Pass This U.s. History Quiz
15 Most Attractive Female Billionaires
No Time for the Gym? This In-Home Machine is All You Need
2 Dogs Found Crying In A Tar Pit.. (What Happems Next Will..