Here's The Chart Of The US Infrastructure Spending Collapse That Everyone Is Talking About
Well, there it is, the collapse in
The chart was first spotted by Cardiff Garcia at FT Alphaville .
Yves Smith at Naked Capitalism is also writing about it.
The key thing, as Yves notes, is that the chart includes state and local infrastructure spending, which explains why they were was such a furious collapse right after the bust, as state and local governments furiously slashed spending.
The tragedy of course is that with inflation non-existent and a huge surplus of excess labor, this would have made an incredibly good time to spend like crazy on infrastructure, fixing everything and putting people to work.
But there wasn't the political will at the Federal Government (which had the capability to do it), and we've wasted all these years.
More from this author
- The 11 countries with the best infrastructure arou...
- Budget 2015: Infrastructure bonds to stage a comeb...
- 11 giant infrastructure projects that are reshapin...
- Coal India allocates funds for infrastructure and ...
- 33 giant Chinese infrastructure projects that are ...
- Why America is wrong to obstruct China's Asian-inf...
- I Was A Victim Of America's Crumbling Infrastructu...
13-yr-old Ashwini needs help to fight Cancer!
5 signs that you are in a toxic relationships
10 Ridiculously Weird Things You Can Buy Online
7 bollywood celebrities with royal background
Help family recover from a horrific accident!
7 superhit movies you won't believe Hritik Roshan rejected!