Here's everything science really knows about how to live a long life
But figuring out how to get there is confusing - there's so much mixed information out there about what a person should do to increase their health and longevity.
So we've collected here nine behaviors that scientists agree measurably shorten people's lives. None of the items on this list is controversial in the field, even if there's a lot researchers do disagree with.
You'll notice many of these are foods. That's because most of the best
Without further ado, here are nine things to avoid - as much as possible, at least - if you want to live a long and healthy life.
More from this author
- Business Insider is hiring a science reporter
- 14 science-backed ways to sleep better
- 15 places where computer science majors dream of w...
- Ad tech company Audience Science is shutting down
- How to take the perfect vacation, according to sci...
- Science says happier people have these 9 things in...
- 9 science-backed ways to appear more attractive