ICICI and HDFC slash home loan interest rate to match SBI
BI India BureauMay 16, 2017, 01.36 PM
This is the same rate at which India's largest bank State Bank of India offers home loans.
Also read: Here's how top 5 Indian banks use technology
As per the changes, salaried women borrowers will get home loans at 8.35% and others at 8.40% for loans up to Rs 30 lakh. ICICI has also announced varied rates for women and other borrowers for loans above Rs 30 lakh, at 8.5% and 8.55%, respectively.
HDFC , on the other hand, has kept uniform rates for men and women at 8.5% for loans between Rs 30 lakh and Rs 75 lakh, while for those above Rs 75 lakh, interest would be charged at 8.55%.
Also read: Indians pay too much interest on home loans, reveals study
(Image source My Estate Point)
More from this author
- Some Indian banks at risk of skipping coupon payme...
- SBI launches up to $2.33 billion share sale to ins...
- Bharatiya Mahila Bank to merge with SBI
- SBI to introduce new service charges from today
- RBI deputy proposes ‘tough love’ for Indian banks’...
- SBI opens up as “one bank” post merger with five a...
- Penalty required to bear costs of Jan Dhan account...