ICICI and HDFC slash home loan interest rate to match SBI
BI India BureauMay 16, 2017, 01.36 PM
This is the same rate at which India's largest bank State Bank of India offers home loans.
Also read: Here's how top 5 Indian banks use technology
As per the changes, salaried women borrowers will get home loans at 8.35% and others at 8.40% for loans up to Rs 30 lakh. ICICI has also announced varied rates for women and other borrowers for loans above Rs 30 lakh, at 8.5% and 8.55%, respectively.
HDFC , on the other hand, has kept uniform rates for men and women at 8.5% for loans between Rs 30 lakh and Rs 75 lakh, while for those above Rs 75 lakh, interest would be charged at 8.55%.
Also read: Indians pay too much interest on home loans, reveals study
(Image source My Estate Point)
More from this author
- This may be one of India’s biggest financial data ...
- SBI and ICICI have cut lending rates
- Workers at elite banks like ICICI, HDFC might just...
- Simplifying the Maths behind home loans
- NRI Investors Sue ICICI
- Fitch ratings say Indian banks will need $90 billi...
- Some Indian banks at risk of skipping coupon payme...