IT staffing firms will get your skills developed before finding you a job
BI India BureauMar 8, 2016, 12.47 PM
Up until now,
As per data made available from Indian Staffing Federation, which is the apex body of flexi-staffing companies, 10 of their member firms have started providing vocational training. This has mainly happened because of a surge in demand for talent over the last one year.
"It's a single 'neck-to-choke' for employers. Employers can expect to have the right candidates onboard with the end-to-end responsibility resting on the shoulders of the staffing provider," said Rituparna Chakraborty, president of Indian Staffing Federation.
"There are 100,000 jobs vacant because of talent shortage," Mehul Shah, MD of IT staffing firm
For training individuals, Collabera runs a programme called TACT (Technology Academy for Competency Training). Under TACT, one can get online virtual training, online self-training and corporate training.
Once the individuals are trained, it's the work of their traditional staffing wing to offer the talent the industry requires.
"TACT is not a big revenue model compared to our staffing business," said Shah. "But this is going to boom our staffing business because it gives us an edge over the others and sells very well with customers as customers want talent," said Shah.
More from this author
- Top IT companies are about to tighten their moneyb...
- Indian IT companies had decreased reliance on H-1B...
- No more bulk hiring by IT companies from tier-2 & ...
- Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb impressed by Infosys...
- This US state has offered Infosys one of the large...
- Wipro shows the door to 600 employees post perform...
- Wipro hired 3,000 workers in the US in FY17