Iraq's prime minister pokes fun at Trump over wiretapping claims during trip to White House
In front of reporters in the Oval Office, Trump declined to respond to questions about wiretapping, according to a pool report. Trump had previously accused the Obama administration of tapping phones in Trump Tower ahead of the election.
Abadi then grabbed Trump's arm and said jokingly, "We had nothing to do with the wiretap," according to the pool report.
In the Cabinet room after an Oval Office meeting with Abadi, Trump commented that he hopes his Cabinet "will go down as one of the great Cabinets of the United States" and criticized the Obama administration's nuclear deal with Iran.
"One of the things I asked him was why did President Obama sign that agreement for Iran because nobody has been able to figure that one out," Trump said. "Maybe someday we'll be able to figure it out."
Trump also affirmed US support for the fight against the terrorist group ISIS and said "a lot of things are different than they were just five or six weeks ago" in that regard.
More from this author
- World politics: Tainting love
- The pound is officially all about politics
- This is how you can nail politics at workplace
- Rahul Gandhi 'snooping': BJP tells Congress to sto...
- Tony Blair has hinted at a dramatic return to poli...
- This Google Chrome extension weeds out politics fr...
- Politico shuffles reporters as it refocuses media ...