John Oliver slams Trump for sticking to his debunked wiretap claim: He's 'a bulls--- artist'
After multiple American and international intelligence agencies, as well as fellow Republicans, have said that there's no evidence Obama ordered surveillance of Trump, HBO's "Last Week Tonight" host slammed the president for saying he got his information from Fox News Channel contributor Judge Andrew Napolitano.
"He only said it because he heard it on television is barely an acceptable excuse for why your parrot said a racial slur. 'No, no, no, we've been watching 'The Wire,'" Oliver joked, referring to the strong language on the HBO cop drama from the early 2000s.
In response to Trump's claim, Fox News issued its own statement saying that there was "no evidence" that Obama wiretapped Trump. After all that, Oliver mocked the president by pointing to CNN's Fareed Zakaria, who said Trump's M.O. is "bulls----ting."
"Yeah, Donald Trump is a bulls--- artist," Oliver said. "I know Trump might want to refute that. But to be fair, someone on TV did say it and I am repeating it. So therefore, it must be true."
You can watch the full episode over on HBO's website, or watch the segment on Trump's wiretapping claims in the clip below:
More from this author
- World politics: Tainting love
- The pound is officially all about politics
- This is how you can nail politics at workplace
- Rahul Gandhi 'snooping': BJP tells Congress to sto...
- Tony Blair has hinted at a dramatic return to poli...
- This Google Chrome extension weeds out politics fr...
- Politico shuffles reporters as it refocuses media ...