Judge Has Hilarious Conversation With Drug Offender Named Edward Cocaine
A Florida man named Edward Cocaine was arrested on drug charges Tuesday. Really.
The interesting name was a surprise to County Judge John Hurley, who responded with a stunned "What?" after the bailiff announced the name in court Wednesday, Sun-Sentinel reports .
"You know, I'd thought I'd seen it all," said Hurley amid laughter. " How many times have the police told you to step out of the car during your life?"
"Just about every time I get pulled over," Cocaine responded to the judge, speaking via video link. The man was busted with Xanax in Pembroke Pines, New York Daily News reported .
"What's your name, Cocaine?" Hurley said, mocking a what a police officer might say. "Alright smart guy, out of the car."
The name is for real - it's on Cocaine's driver's license - and he explained that his great-grandparents came from Greece and changed their last name in the 1920s.
The judge released Cocaine on his own recognizance, the Sentinel reported.
More from this author
- Delhi Law Minister caught faking Law degree
- PARLIAMENTARY LAW EXPERT: Repealing EU law could t...
- The 10 best law schools in America
- The 50 best law schools in America
- Why India direly needs Juvenile Justice law
- The 11 most famous graduates of Yale Law School, t...
- California's new law makes water hogs anonymous