Make in India: Sukhoi wants Tata to manufacture parts for Superjet SSJ100
BI India BureauFeb 17, 2016, 05.39 PM
Officials from both companies are in crucial stages of talking about outsourcing manufacturing of the aircraft parts, said Eugene Andrachnikou, senior VP (Sales and Marketing) at Sukhoi Civil Aircraft (SCA), which is the producer of Sukhoi Superjet 100 (SSJ100).
Andrachnikou added that once all specifics are agreed upon, production of SSJ100 parts would be given to
The SSJ100 is the first 100-seat jet that has a full fly-by- wire system, and is designed to optimise handling, reduce flight crew workload and maximise the fuel efficiency.
Andrachnikou was speaking at the Singapore Airshow 2016, where he said that SCA had also initiated discussions with Indian airlines on deploying the SSJ100 in the country. The aircraft can carry 100-120 passengers over a distance of 4,200 kilometres.
"We expect to put about 50 SSJ100 in the Indian market with the next three to five years," he added. This proves that India remains an attractive market for the superjet.
More from this author
- Tata and Boeing to make Apache fuselages in India
- Tata just partnered with Bell Helicopter in a bid ...
- Tata Group Keen To Work With Ruag Aviation To Buil...
- A bunch of the companies involved in Warren Buffet...
- Exclusive: A rare genetic disorder affects the ent...
- India's Defence Shake-Up Sends Mahindra Hunting Fo...
- European arms sellers look to get foot back in Ind...
Highest paid Bollywood actresses in 2016
Help this father stay alive for 1-yr-old son!
Prelaunch Lodha Amara - Kolshet Thane 1,2&3 bhk @ Rs.58 lac+
Lodha Amara Thane
Own monthly rent generating property for as little as 10 lac
Highest paid Bollywood actors in 2016
Own monthly rent generating property for as little as ₹5L