Meet Shalabh Kumar, the Indian American who is donating nearly $900,000 to Donald Trump’s campaign
Poulomi DasJul 22, 2016, 04.50 PM
Shalabh 'Shalli' Kumar, a Chicago -based Indian American industrialist is grabbing headlines for being one of the biggest donors for Donald Trump's election campaign.
Kumar, who is the owner of an electronics manufacturing company and has also founded the Republican Hindu Coalition, is donating a whopping $898,000 (approximately Rs 6 crores) towards Trump's victory campaign.
He has already wired $449,000- the maximum amount one can donate to the campaign to the
Praising Trump for his policies on Pakistan and his views on Muslim profiling, Kumar was quoted claiming that 'this is just a start- a sort of seed money.
Reportedly, he was initially worried about the Republican nominee's views on Indians taking away jobs from Americans but his worries were put to rest when he personally met Trump and clarified that he is convinced Trump sees India as a possible ally and Pakistan as one far from it.
It is interesting to note that Kumar is also one of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi's most influential supporter in the US.
Kumar's Republican Hindu Coalition which was founded in November last year works towards strengthening Indian-Americans as a voting bloc and as a non-profit entity, will not be coordinating with the
Image credit: Facebook
More from this author
- 8 photos of Donald Trump in high school
- Donald Trump commits one of golf's cardinal sins
- Why is Donald Trump so eager to protect Mike Flynn?
- Why a mysterious black briefcase follows the US pr...
- Donald Trump just sold us all out on drug pricing
- Visas will be issued to highest-skilled workers, s...
- If Donald Trump is a populist, he's doing it all w...