NASA Suspends Contact With Russia's Space Agency Over Ukraine
REUTERS/Aleksey Nikolskyi/RIA Novosti
The Verge reports that NASA is suspending all contact with Russian government officials. This ban extends to teleconferences, visits by Russian government officials to NASA facilities, email exchanges with Russian officials, and travel to Russia.
NASA's communications with Russia about their support for the two American astronauts currently on the International Space Station are exempt. That includes organization and completion of a scheduled Soyuz capsule launch on April 9.
Astronaut Reid Wiseman is scheduled to head to the ISS on the Russian Soyuz capsule, which is planned to launch on May 28. He's traveling with Russian Cosmonaut Maksim Viktorovich Surayev and European Space Agency astronaut Alexander Gerst.
A NASA scientist who spoke to The Verge on the condition of anonymity slammed the move: "NASA's goals aren't political. This is one of the first major actions I have heard of from the US government and it is to stop
More to come...
More from this author
- 5 science facts 'Jurassic World' totally ignored
- 35 Science 'Facts' That Are Totally Wrong
- Science reveals when you peak at everything
- Our science editor explains why you should listen ...
- 9 Science-Backed Tips For Better Sleep
- 17 phenomenal science-inspired tattoos from Instag...
- The Science Is In - Why Gluten Sensitivity Is Prob...