Nepal bans use of new Indian Rs 500 and Rs 2000 notes, calls them illegal
BI India BureauNov 24, 2016, 09.57 PM
NRB spokesperson Narayan Poudel said these new currency notes are not yet legal in Nepal, according to Onlinekhabar.com. Poudel said these notes will be legal in Nepal only when India issues a FEMA notification as per the
Earlier, a ban was in effect in Nepal till last year against the use of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 denominations notes. Authorities had lifted this ban after the visit of Prime Minister
The Reserve Bank of India had formed a task force to ease currency exchange facility in Nepal for non-Indians who possess the now-defunct notes of 500 and 1,000 denominations.
More from this author
- Government steps up rate cut pressure on Reserve B...
- Foreign Exchange: Swiss Miss
- PM Narendra Modi hosts 'Digital India' dinner
- Silicon gears up to welcome Narendra Modi
- Google’s New CEO hopes to meet with Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi visits Pathankot air ...
- PM Narendra Modi calls for stronger US-India secur...