Nissan Sunny gets cheaper by Rs 1.99 lakh. Here’s the new price
BI India BureauApr 20, 2017, 05.01 PM
In a bid to have better localisation, the Japanese automaker said the sedan will be available at a starting price of Rs 6.99 lakh going up to Rs 8.99 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), now.
Nissan Sunny's petrol variant will now cost Rs 6.99 lakh, a cut of Rs 1.01 lakh, while the top-end automatic transmission variant is tagged at Rs 8.99 lakh, a reduction of Rs 1.99 lakh.
Similarly, the base variant of diesel option will see a price cut of Rs 1.31 lakh. It is now priced at Rs 7.49 lakh. The top-end variant is now cheaper by Rs 94,000 at Rs 8.99 lakh (all prices ex-showroom Delhi).
NMIPL Managing Director Arun Malhotra said, "Local production of this car enables significantly lower costs...We pass on these benefits to our customers with very competitive prices for the Nissan Sunny, our popular premium sedan."
Last year, the company had slashed prices of automatic transmission variant of its premium hatchback Micra in India by up to Rs 54,252 on the back of increased parts localisation.
More from this author
- Nissan promises bigger and better cars and tech fo...
- Nissan to buy LG Chem Batteries, confirms CEO Carl...
- Nissan will launch 8 new cars in India by 2021
- The 2017 Nissan Rogue has stunning tech inside
- Nissan has created an impossibly thin sports car d...
- The new Nissan Armada is channeling its rugged her...
- The ultimate Nissan GT-R supercar is now $175,000