Offline stores to go online on Paytm Mall
BI India BureauJun 14, 2017, 04.59 PM
The platform will give an online presence and catalogue to these stores so that their customers can directly buy from the stores.
The Paytm Mall QR code that these stores will have would be different from the payment-based QR code channel, and will also help customers order specific products if they are out of stock online.
For ease of business, the O2O strategy will be applicable for orders within a specific city so that logistics can be directly managed by the company's logistics partners or the merchants.
In turn, sellers will pay a fixed fee similar to that of online sellers on the Paytm marketplace.
A similar strategy was pursued by
Alibaba is one of the earliest investors of Paytm.
As of now, the feature focuses on merchants and brands dealing in mobiles, electrical appliances, fashion segments, and packaged fast moving consumer goods.
More from this author
- Paytm Mall revamps seller onboarding process; deli...
- Paytm acquires majority of ticketing platform Insi...
- Post Flipkart, SoftBank to buy a stake in Paytm
- Alibaba Cloud to open data centre in India
- Alibaba founder has overnight become the richest m...
- Paytm gets $1.4 billion funding from SoftBank; lar...
- Paytm Payments Bank to start operations next week,...