Pokemon Go is finally giving more people access to the game's most wanted feature
There are many features players want to see in Pokemon Go, but nothing has been as hotly anticipated as a 'Nearby' tracker that actually works.
Pokemon Go creator Niantic Labs has been testing a new tracker in San Francisco since August , and now it's thankfully starting to make the tracker available in more areas.
The tracker shows Pokemon that are currently spawning close to nearby Pokestops, which makes them much easier to find than the random list of nearby creatures that most players see in the game.
"After reviewing your feedback, we have made some changes to the Nearby feature we were originally testing in San Francisco, California," Niantic said in a blog post on Tuesday . "We have changed the feature to only show the Nearby feature if a PokeStop is close to your location. In addition, we have also made changes to the way Sightings now works."
Some players on Reddit have been having trouble with the new tracker's accuracy, so hopefully it will become more accurate over time.
Here is where the new Nearby tracker in Pokemon Go now works, per Niantic:
- United States of America: All states west of the Mississippi River (except Hawaii and Alaska)
- Canada: British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and the western half of Ontario
- Australia: All states and territories
More from this author
- Shree Sai Spaces Creations and Wasankar Wealth man...
- What's 'hot' and what's 'not' for tech in 2017
- The Apple Store is down!
- SBI cleans up its balance sheets by writing off lo...
- Thanks to her mom, 3-year-old London Scout is Inst...
- Two former Apple and LloydsPharmacy execs have lau...
- Companies to say goodbye to a horde of identificat...