Reliance Industries will connect small entrepreneurs in West Bengal: Mukesh Ambani
BI India BureauJan 8, 2016, 06.27 PM
"In the next phase, we will partner with the small entrepreneurs of the state by providing them with connectivity," Ambani said at the opening of the two-day Bengal
Reliance, through its telecom arm Reliance Jio, has invested nearly Rs 5,000 crore in the state in the last three years for developing the digital broadband network.
"We have connected more than 1,000 towns and 23,000 plus villages. Our aim is to connect all the 40,000 villages by 2017," Ambani said.
Complimenting West Bengal government, he said "We have got all the approvals in a time-bound manner."
"As an investor, I stand here to say that West Bengal is among the top of the list in terms of doing business and recommend the state as an ideal investment destination," Ambani said in the presence of West Bengal Chief Minister
He said Reliance is providing direct employment to 11,000 people and indirect jobs to 30,000 others and is one of the leading employers in the private sector in the state
Image credit: Indiatimes
More from this author
- Mukesh Ambani keeps salary unchanged for ninth con...
- 15 crucial points Mukesh Ambani made during launch...
- Thanks to Jio, Mukesh Ambani is on top of Forbes l...
- Mukesh Ambani wants Jio to reflect Verizon's succe...
- Not TCS, this is the most-valued Indian company now
- Airtel, Idea plunge on RIL's JioPhone announcement
- This man has been named the most philanthropic Ind...