Ruckus In Parliament Over Meeting Between Ramdev’s Aide And Hafiz Saeed
BI India BureauJul 14, 2014, 03.21 PM
The meeting between 26/11 mastermind
Congress leaders attacked the government on the issue. In the Rajya Sabha,
The BJP said it had nothing to do with Vaidik's meeting with Hafiz Saeed. The meeting between the two took place on July 2. "The government has nothing to do with any journalist's activity in his individual capacity," Finance Minister
As a photograph of that meeting circulated on social media, senior Congress leader Digvijaya Singh tweeted, "Ved Pratap Vedik meets Hafiz Saeed. Any reaction on Social Media? Did he go as an Envoy of NDA Govt or as a personal Envoy of PM?"
Vaidik said, "There is no question of my being an envoy. I have never been a special envoy for any PM, I am my own envoy."
He said he met Saeed as "a journalist must meet all kinds of people. For a journalist, no one is untouchable. I wanted to prove him wrong and influence his thinking."
Hafiz Saeed, the founder of Pakistan-based terror outfit
More from this author
- It’s official now! Hafiz Saeed-led JuD, Haqqani ne...
- Arun Jaitley expects GDP to exceed 7.3%
- When Arun Jaitley turned a poet!
- Arun Jaitley on right trajectory, say experts
- Arun Jaitley Bats For A “Friendly Tax System”
- Arun Jaitley lists down India's top economic prior...
- Arun Jaitley to announce Union Budget on February 1