Service charge on food, drinks to be done away with?
BI India BureauJan 11, 2017, 07.32 PM
The bill is likely to see the passage in the forthcoming budget session of Parliament. Addressing the media on this issue,
Although there is no provision under the existing law to take action against hotels/restaurants, consumers have the freedom not to pay the service charge and can decide not to eat there if they are informed in advance about it through the menu card itself. Paswan also mentioned that in future such cases would be addressed effectively as a provision has been made in the new Consumer Protection Bill to set up a regulator CCPA.
More from this author
- Service charges at restaurants are not government ...
- Re-imposing Service Tax On Online Ads “Regressive”...
- Detailed manual scrutiny of service tax returns fr...
- Arun Jaitley may increase service tax from 15% as ...
- Even SEBI has to pay service tax-the amount is an ...
- Tour operators want Arun Jaitley to exempt service...
- Traveling, eating out and phone bills to get expen...
10 Ridiculously Weird Things You Can Buy Online
7 superhit movies you won't believe Hritik Roshan rejected!
13-yr-old Ashwini needs help to fight Cancer!
Top 10 most anticipated action movies releasing in 2017
Bharath needs your help to stay alive!
Help this poor vegetable seller live!