Surfer Breaks World Record By Riding Enormous 100-Foot Wave
Surfer Garrett McNamara broke another world record by surfing a 100-foot wave in Portugal. In 2011, McNamara surfed a 78-foot wave setting the world record.
McNamara was accompanied by fellow surfers Andrew Cotton and Alastair Mennie. Mennie told the Guardian:
"Everything was perfect, the weather, the waves. Cotty and I surfed two big waves of about 60ft and then, when Garrett was ready came a canyon wave of over 90ft. The jet ski was the best place to see him riding the biggest wave I've ever seen. It was amazing. Most people would be scared but Garrett was controlling everything in the critical part of the wave. It was an inspiring ride by an inspiring surfer."
There's no video up yet, but here's an incredible photo from Twitter:
And the trailer for the video that's soon to come:
HP Elite Lounge
More from this author
- 11 Weirdest Guinness World Records Ever
- This is how Vodafone became a Guinness World Recor...
- 11 Guinness World Records that brought people toge...
- Jan Dhan Yojana Makes Its Mark In Guinness Book Of...
- Drone Surfing is here!
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s famous suit enters ...
- This Might Be The Most Amazing Surfing Footage Eve...
Taylor Swift's Outfits Leaves You To Your Imagination
Only 1 in 10 Americans Can Pass This U.s. History Quiz
15 Most Attractive Female Billionaires
No Time for the Gym? This In-Home Machine is All You Need
2 Dogs Found Crying In A Tar Pit.. (What Happems Next Will..
You Won't Believe What Peyton Manning's Mansion Looks Like