The 10 Most Important Things That Students Actually Learn In College
AP Photo/M. Spencer Green
Disney asked 1,600 students about what they actually learned in college as a tie-in to the DVD release of "Monsters University," the Daily Mail reported. Answers tended to skew away from traditional academics, but covered topics as diverse as "making spaghetti Bolognese" to "DIY skills."
"Four in ten of those who took part were shocked by how little they knew when they left home, with two thirds admitting the whole experience of university was a 'real eye opener' ... Three quarters said they'd learned much more than what was taught in lectures," the Daily Mail noted.
You can check out the full list of the 50 most important things students learn at college at the Daily Mail. Here are the top 10:
- Budgeting and prioritizing
- Living with others
- Doing a weekly food shop
- Paying bills
- Studying independently
- Managing money
- Making friends
- Getting around
- House hunting
- Socializing with different types of people
More from this author
- For-Profit Education Stocks Are Getting Killed
- Four points about higher education in India
- Here's where Donald Trump stands on education
- Is Higher Education Becoming A Privilege For The E...
- Online Education: Young Guns Will Propel Market Ex...
- Beginning of a revolution in Education through Cou...
- How to create world-class higher education centres...
Help this father stay alive for 1-yr-old son!
Grade a commercial property leased to blue-chip tenant @ 9%
The last chance for little Arisha to survive
Own monthly rent generating property for as little as ₹5L
Little Aadithyan needs your urgent help!
Grade A commercial property leased to blue-chip tenant @ 9%