The 3 most popular majors at every Ivy League school
An Ivy League education is often thought to be a ticket to future successes. The most recent admissions numbers - with acceptance rates in the single digits - shows just how sought after a degree from their campuses can be.
So what do undergraduates at the eight Ivy League schools like to study? Turns out, it's surprisingly similar no matter which school they attend.
At six of the eight schools, economics is the most popular major among students who graduated in 2016. The most popular major at the two outliers, Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania, were engineering and finance, respectively.
Scroll down to see the top three most popular majors across the Ivy League.
More from this author
- Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande owe their pop caree...
- 16 famous people who surprisingly started their ca...
- Business Insider is hiring a paid Careers intern. ...
- The 'On-Demand Economy' Is Reshaping Companies And...
- Four points about higher education in India
- Here's where Donald Trump stands on education
- 4 ways Finland beats America on education