If you are an aspiring entrepreneur or a wantrepreneur equipped with a dream to create a billion-dollar business in India, one of the IITs is your best bet.
Sage, a UK-based accounting, and payroll company stated this in a research and reinstated the belief that the premier institution is still numero uno for attaining success.
In terms of countries that are home to the most number of unicorns, US tops the list with 144 unicorns, followed by China with 47. India grabbed the third spot with 10.
ALSO READ: What should Indian startups hope for in Budget 2017
In the study that lists universities that have produced the most unicorn founders, the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) bagged the fourth spot.
India is home to 10 unicorn companies from e-commerce giants
Within the various IITs, it is Delhi that produced the maximum unicorn founders.
ALSO READ: Exclusive: What moms want from the Budget 2017
Inmobi's founders Naveen Tiwari, Abhay Singhal and
ALSO READ: Take a tour of OYO's attractive new property: OYO Townhouse
According to the study, for over 60% of the founders all over the world, the current unicorn company was the only company they had ever built. However, indicating that experience literally pays, the research said those who founded more than one company have, on average, a 34.5% higher valuation than those who founded just one company ($4.29bn vs $5.88bn).
- 5G coming by 2020: IIT Delhi, Ericsson join hands ...
- Ericsson has set up a '5G for India' program in II...
- IIT entrepreneurs have created fourth-largest numb...
- Virat Kohli breaks Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid’...
- US based IIT alumnus developing hybrid plane for r...
- IIT student innovations empower India's defence se...
- IIT Delhi's 'School of Design' is going to be a ce...