These are the best diets to lose weight, get in shape, and eat healthier
most common New Year's resolutions in America, but choosing the right diet depends heavily on what you hope the diet will achieve.
US News evaluated 38 of the most popular diets based on how easy they are to follow, their ability to produce short- and long-term weight loss, nutritional completeness, safety, and their potential to help prevent or manage diabetes and heart disease, and chose the best one in nine different categories.
Tried and true, Weight Watchers was rated the best diet choice in three out of the nine categories.
Whether you're trying to lose weight, manage your diabetes, or simply eat healthier, check out the diets that will help you stick to your New Year's resolution.
More from this author
- Business Insider is hiring a science reporter
- 14 science-backed ways to sleep better
- 15 places where computer science majors dream of w...
- Ad tech company Audience Science is shutting down
- Wipro formally lists Trump as a potential threat
- How to take the perfect vacation, according to sci...
- Science says happier people have these 9 things in...