These are the 6 new Indian startups that have just struck gold
Saikat PyneJul 19, 2016, 02.21 PM
Swiss reinsurance company Swiss Re has announced the names of the six startups that made it to the first batch of InsurTech accelerator programme .
The three technology themes identified for the programme include, Internet of things (home, industrial, health and motor), Systems of engagement (innovative distribution channels and models, digital assistants/ Robo advisors etc.) and Smart analytics (application of deep learning and machine learning across insurance value chain).
"We are excited to welcome these innovative startups to our first ever global accelerator programme and are looking forward to engaging with them on innovative solutions for the insurance industry ," Amit Kalra, Head of Strategic Initiatives, Swiss Re Bangalore said.
During the programme, startups will have access to the global expertise and insights from the Swiss Re team, mentors from the industry, and technical enablement to work on challenging global insurance problems. At the end of 16 weeks, the selected startups will present their learnings and achievements to ecosystem partners and potential investors.
The six startups identified for this programme are:
· GOQii , which provides one-on-one mobile coaching and fitness tracking that helps individuals make the shift to a healthier lifestyle.
· Touchkin which uses mobile-based social sensing to build a predictive care platform and enable proactive personalized care - bringing help to those who need it, from care experts or families.
· Datasigns is a risk platform that forges traditional & non-traditional data to facilitate financial services to those outside the formal system. It helps financial organizations access new and underserved market.
· eKincare is an end to end wellness platform that integrates medical records, healthcare services and leverages predictive analytics to design wellness initiatives & reduce healthcare costs.
· Niki.ai is the first AI-fueled smart-purchasing assistant, with the aim to both revolutionize customer interaction and redefine the buying experience as a whole.
· Arya.ai is a developer platform for Deep Learning that offers tools to build and customize neural networks, and also provides trainable modules and APIs.
More from this author
- US lawmakers are trying to fix the security nightm...
- THE INTERNET OF THINGS 2017 REPORT: How the IoT is...
- Tesla is pushing the insurance industry to prepare...
- Myntra to go big on offline expansion, Jabong to a...
- Business Insider is hiring summer research interns
- Falling revenues from voice & data businesses forc...
- Airtel, Reliance Jio to extend their pricing war i...