These will be the world's 10 biggest cities in 2030 - and none of them are in the US or Europe
We've been hearing this for years, but where is all this growth happening?
Today, Tokyo is the most populous city in the world , with about 38 million residents.
New York City is still in the top 10 ranking, with its nearly 8.5 million people. But in the next three decades, that's going to change.
While population growth in the US and Europe stagnates, the number of people living in the Middle East, Asia, and Africa is going to skyrocket.
By 2030, these will be the new 10 biggest cities in the world, according to the United Nations' World Urbanization Prospects :
More from this author
- Business Insider is hiring a science reporter
- 14 science-backed ways to sleep better
- 15 places where computer science majors dream of w...
- 14 science-backed answers to your biggest question...
- 9 science-backed ways to appear more attractive
- How to fix all of your sleep problems with science
- 6 science-backed ways to decrease your risk of Alz...