This Is How Jan Koum Introduced WhatsApp To The World Back In 2009
February for a jaw-dropping $19 billion .
Given that, it's fun to look back on how founder Jan Koum launched WhatsApp into the world.
He apparently posted comments around the Internet.
Rahul Sood, general manager of Microsoft Ventures says he found one from back in the day, when the two used to frequent the same Internet forum. Sood shared it on LinkedIn, calling it "one of the best introductions from a future billionaire ever."
Note the warning about the bug that will crash the app (click to enlarge):
That post came a few days after this one, uncovered by Brilliant Ads :
He obviously got the feedback he wanted and much, much more. With the sale of his company, he's now worth about $6.8 billion.
More from this author
- Shree Sai Spaces Creations and Wasankar Wealth man...
- What's 'hot' and what's 'not' for tech in 2017
- The Apple Store is down!
- SBI cleans up its balance sheets by writing off lo...
- Thanks to her mom, 3-year-old London Scout is Inst...
- Two former Apple and LloydsPharmacy execs have lau...
- Companies to say goodbye to a horde of identificat...