What the world would look like if all the ice melted
If the world keeps burning fossil fuels and releasing carbon emissions indefinitely, climate change will eventually melt all the ice at the poles and on mountains, according to National Geographic.
This would raise global sea levels by approximately 216 feet, engulfing oceanside cities like Miami, Buenos Aires, and Cairo.
Business Insider made an animated map t hat shows what the world would look like if this doomsday future came true.
Take a look at the highlights below.
More from this author
- Business Insider is hiring a science reporter
- 14 science-backed ways to sleep better
- 15 places where computer science majors dream of w...
- How to take the perfect vacation, according to sci...
- Science says happier people have these 9 things in...
- 14 science-backed answers to your biggest question...
- 9 science-backed ways to appear more attractive