WhatsApp's CEO Is Angry About Apple's New iMessage Features
Apple just announced a slew of new features for iOS , including video, audio, and location tagging for iMessage and the ability to name (and leave!) group chats. WhatsApp CEO Jan Koum isn't too happy about the new additions:
His point is that Apple just added features for iMessage that WhatsApp users have had for a long time. WhatsApp users could always send media, like audio or video, and share location data easily through messages.
The fact that Apple has put a huge emphasis on improving iMessage is very telling of the growing power of messaging apps like WhatsApp - which Facebook bought earlier this year for $19 billion - Line, and Kik. The company clearly wants to keep people using its in-house messaging system instead of downloading and using other apps.
More from this author
- Shree Sai Spaces Creations and Wasankar Wealth man...
- What's 'hot' and what's 'not' for tech in 2017
- Apple Shares Up More Than 2% As iPhone Announcemen...
- More than 1 million people now pay for Tinder's pr...
- SBI cleans up its balance sheets by writing off lo...
- Thanks to her mom, 3-year-old London Scout is Inst...
- Two former Apple and LloydsPharmacy execs have lau...
13-yr-old Ashwini needs help to fight Cancer!
5 signs that you are in a toxic relationships
10 Ridiculously Weird Things You Can Buy Online
7 bollywood celebrities with royal background
Help family recover from a horrific accident!
Bollywood actresses most searched on the Internet