WhatsApp's CEO Is Angry About Apple's New iMessage Features
Apple just announced a slew of new features for iOS, including video, audio, and location tagging for iMessage and the ability to name (and leave!) group chats. WhatsApp CEO Jan Koum isn't too happy about the new additions:
His point is that Apple just added features for iMessage that WhatsApp users have had for a long time. WhatsApp users could always send media, like audio or video, and share location data easily through messages.
The fact that Apple has put a huge emphasis on improving iMessage is very telling of the growing power of messaging apps like WhatsApp - which Facebook bought earlier this year for $19 billion - Line, and Kik. The company clearly wants to keep people using its in-house messaging system instead of downloading and using other apps.
HP Elite Lounge
More from this author
- Shree Sai Spaces Creations and Wasankar Wealth man...
- Apple Shares Up More Than 2% As iPhone Announcemen...
- The Apple Store is down!
- SBI cleans up its balance sheets by writing off lo...
- Thanks to her mom, 3-year-old London Scout is Inst...
- Two former Apple and LloydsPharmacy execs have lau...
- Companies to say goodbye to a horde of identificat...
Taylor Swift's Outfits Leaves You To Your Imagination
Only 1 in 10 Americans Can Pass This U.s. History Quiz
15 Most Attractive Female Billionaires
No Time for the Gym? This In-Home Machine is All You Need
See if your data strategy is ahead of the curve.
2 Dogs Found Crying In A Tar Pit.. (What Happems Next Will..