You'll soon be able to watch Showtime shows on Hulu - but there's a catch
Tuesday, Hulu announced via a press release it's partnering with Showtime to launch a streaming service for Hulu subscribers.
Sounds exciting right?
Premium content via a platform subscribers are already paying $7.99 per month to watch all other content currently available on Hulu.
Not so fast.
According to the release, new and existing subscribers will need to pay an $8.99 on top of their $7.99 Hulu subscription to enjoy Showtime access.
Earlier this year, HBO started its own standalone service subscription Still, the Showtime charge is significantly less than the price of HBO's new standalone product, HBO Now, which launched in April.
Hulu is quickly amping up its content library.
In February, it announced an adaptation of Stephen King's 11/23/63 - a story about a teacher who travels back in time to prevent JFK's assassination - which will star James Franco.
The streaming service will start streaming all seasons of "Seinfeld" this week, and recently saved Fox's "The Mindy Project" from cancellation.
More from this author
- Shree Sai Spaces Creations and Wasankar Wealth man...
- Cast of HBO series 'The Wire' went to Baltimore to...
- What's 'hot' and what's 'not' for tech in 2017
- The Apple Store is down!
- More than 1 million people now pay for Tinder's pr...
- SBI cleans up its balance sheets by writing off lo...
- Thanks to her mom, 3-year-old London Scout is Inst...