Here are the 10 places where it's cheaper to raise a family in the city than a suburb
most people tend to flee cities for suburbs expecting they'll get more bang for their buck.
But a new report from Care.com and Zillow reveals 10 popular places in the US where it's actually cheaper to live in a metro area's city rather than suburb, thanks to lower housing and childcare costs.
To determine how cost of living compares in the country's 30 largest metros, Care.com and Zillow gathered data on three common living expenses - mortgage payments, property taxes, and childcare costs - for a two-child family living in the median home. Read their full methodology here .
Below, check out the 10 cities where a family can save the most compared with the suburbs.
View As: One Page Slides
9. San Diego
5. Las Vegas
More from this author
- Stocks Are Higher Amid Massive Deal News
- A former lawyer shares the choice that enabled him...
- A 29-year-old explains why he chose to take a $100...
- After leaving his 9-5 job, this 31-year-old built ...
- Here's what it means to be offered stock options b...
- Here's the budget of a 29-year-old who finished pa...
- I spent 3 months creating the perfect engagement r...