Not TCS, this is the most-valued Indian company now
BI India BureauApr 21, 2017, 02.59 PM
Shares of RIL were trading 3.43% higher at Rs 1,416.40 on BSE, which took company's market capitalisation of Rs 4,60,291.20 crore. This is the highest for any listed firm in India. This was Rs 3,151.92 crore more than TCS' Rs 4,57,139.28 crore valuation at the time.
TCS had replaced RIL as the most valued firm more than four years ago but a sharp rally in the shares of the Mukesh Ambani-led firm in recent past has helped the company close the gap.
Shares of RIL have surged nearly 27%, while those of TCS have fallen by over 1% so far this year.
More from this author
- TCS reclaims most valued company status; RIL slips...
- TCS-Intel join hands to help firms to go digital
- Tata Sons bags Rs 10,278 crore from TCS buyback
- TCS denies reports of downsizing, says “we are her...
- TCS shareholders give nod to Rs 16,000 crore share...
- TCS Q4 profit up 4.2%, misses estimates
- TCS has way more number of crorepati executives th...