Not TCS, this is the most-valued Indian company now
BI India BureauApr 21, 2017, 02.59 PM
Shares of RIL were trading 3.43% higher at Rs 1,416.40 on BSE, which took company's market capitalisation of Rs 4,60,291.20 crore. This is the highest for any listed firm in India. This was Rs 3,151.92 crore more than TCS' Rs 4,57,139.28 crore valuation at the time.
TCS had replaced RIL as the most valued firm more than four years ago but a sharp rally in the shares of the Mukesh Ambani-led firm in recent past has helped the company close the gap.
Shares of RIL have surged nearly 27%, while those of TCS have fallen by over 1% so far this year.
More from this author
- Quarterly earnings of TCS affected stocks adversely
- Tata Consultancy Services creates Rs 50 crore dire...
- Meet the new TCS CEO: Rajesh Gopinathan
- This group is backing Cyrus Mistry, asks TCS’ shar...
- Indian IT Major TCS Joins Industrial Internet Cons...
- Cyrus Mistry owns Rs 1,000 crore worth TCS shares
- TCS approves up to $2.4 billion share buyback