RANKED: The biggest car stories of 2016
Matthew DeBordDec 21, 2016, 12.47 AM
From General Motors to Uber and Tesla to Donald Trump, the stories came fast and furious.
It was hard, at times, to keep up.
But we pulled it off. Here are the ten biggest car stories of 2016:
View As: One Page Slides
10. The booming US auto market.
9. Risky new trends in auto lending.
8. Fiat Chrysler ends passenger-car production in the US.
7. GM's completes its acquisition of Cruise Automation.
6. The Chevy Bolt hits the streets.
5. Trump took on the auto industry.
4. Ford wins Le Mans and repeats history.
3. VW's Dieselgate.
2. Tesla's fatal Autopilot crash.
HONORABLE MENTION: There will be no Apple Car.
1. Uber's self-driving fleet hits public roads in Pittsburgh.
More from this author
- Shree Sai Spaces Creations and Wasankar Wealth man...
- APPLE EXPERT: 'Transportation is Apple's future'
- Finding solutions to India's transportation challe...
- Amazon is now calling itself a 'transportation ser...
- This is the tangled future of tech and transportat...
- For Detroit, Silicon Valley transportation startup...
- Hyperloop One revealed the future of transportatio...