SAP Labs opens new centre in Bengaluru, to recruit 2,500 engineers
BI India BureauApr 21, 2017, 01.21 PM
In last two years,
"Since the past two years, our focus has been on hiring engineers directly from the top colleges rather than looking for experienced hands," Dilipkumar Khandelwal, managing director for SAP Labs India, told ET.
In India, SAP has over 10,000 employees with 7,500 working in the engineering division called SAP Labs.
"Our lateral hires have come down. We are looking to beef up mobility technologies across our products and platforms. Youngsters are the ones who do everything on the phone and they add immense value to our research," Khandelwal said.
About 85% of its Indian staff is in Bengaluru. SAP is also connecting over 250 startups with 30 venture capitalists through its pitching session called Startup Social.
More from this author
- Bengaluru: Tech lovers’ paradise in the making
- Coming up! The Shell IT Centre Bengaluru
- Apple’s app accelerator program launched in Bengal...
- Bengaluru is now the biotech capital of India
- Is Bengaluru prepared for a Chennai-like situation...
- Look what’s driving investors to India’s IT hub, B...
- Bengaluru to have its first H&M store this month