SAP Labs opens new centre in Bengaluru, to recruit 2,500 engineers
BI India BureauApr 21, 2017, 01.21 PM
In last two years,
"Since the past two years, our focus has been on hiring engineers directly from the top colleges rather than looking for experienced hands," Dilipkumar Khandelwal, managing director for SAP Labs India, told ET.
In India, SAP has over 10,000 employees with 7,500 working in the engineering division called SAP Labs.
"Our lateral hires have come down. We are looking to beef up mobility technologies across our products and platforms. Youngsters are the ones who do everything on the phone and they add immense value to our research," Khandelwal said.
About 85% of its Indian staff is in Bengaluru. SAP is also connecting over 250 startups with 30 venture capitalists through its pitching session called Startup Social.
More from this author
- Apple’s app accelerator program launched in Bengal...
- Bengaluru Metro opens up for public
- This company is hiring a thousand in Bengaluru
- NGT shuts down industries near Bengaluru lake, sla...
- This is what Paytm's new office in Bengaluru looks...
- Emergency brakes on Ola and Uber in Bengaluru as b...
- Identity cards snatched and forced to leave: The I...