13 clever jokes from Google that probably went right over your head
makes us giggle with the geeky ways it handles things.
Like the time it rewarded the man who managed to buy the "Google.com" domain for one minute : Google gave researcher Sanmay Ved $6,006.13, choosing that specific amount because it spells out Google, numerically - "squint a little and you'll see it!" the company said .
This kind of quirky antic has become almost par for the course for the search giant, which has long been down for a little nerdy fun.
"Googleyness" is all about intellectual creativity , after all.
Here are some of our other favorite times that Google did or responded to something in a particularly silly way.
Jillian D'Onfro contributed to an earlier version of this story.
More from this author
- Shree Sai Spaces Creations and Wasankar Wealth man...
- What's 'hot' and what's 'not' for tech in 2017
- Apple Shares Up More Than 2% As iPhone Announcemen...
- More than 1 million people now pay for Tinder's pr...
- SBI cleans up its balance sheets by writing off lo...
- Thanks to her mom, 3-year-old London Scout is Inst...
- Two former Apple and LloydsPharmacy execs have lau...
Father's Incredible battle to save his Girl!
Help family recover from a horrific accident!
Help save farmer from Terminal Liver Disease!
Help save baby who was born without a Kidney!
13-yr-old Ashwini needs help to fight Cancer!
Help 7-year-old get a second chance to live!