The 21 happiest countries in the world
Having a high life expectancy at birth helps.
In a new dispatch called the World Happiness Report, a group of independent experts including economist Jeffrey Sachs, surveyed people in 156 countries to find out how highly they evaluated their lives on a scale from 0-10.
The report took into account several factors, of which 6 were found to be the most important:
- Real GDP per capita
- Healthy life expectancy at birth
- Freedom to make life choices
- Perceptions of corruption
We took a look at the top 21 countries:
More from this author
- Shree Sai Spaces Creations and Wasankar Wealth man...
- 5 science facts 'Jurassic World' totally ignored
- Business Insider is hiring a science reporter
- Science reveals when you peak at everything
- 14 science-backed ways to sleep better
- The science of why winners keep winning
- Our science editor explains why you should listen ...