The 21 happiest countries in the world
Having a high life expectancy at birth helps.
In a new dispatch called the World Happiness Report, a group of independent experts including economist Jeffrey Sachs, surveyed people in 156 countries to find out how highly they evaluated their lives on a scale from 0-10.
The report took into account several factors, of which 6 were found to be the most important:
- Real GDP per capita
- Healthy life expectancy at birth
- Freedom to make life choices
- Perceptions of corruption
We took a look at the top 21 countries:
More from this author
- Business Insider is hiring a science reporter
- 14 science-backed ways to sleep better
- 15 places where computer science majors dream of w...
- Ad tech company Audience Science is shutting down
- How to take the perfect vacation, according to sci...
- Science says happier people have these 9 things in...
- 9 science-backed ways to appear more attractive